Its been over six days since my last post...I have been breathless, meeting deadlines, trying too much in too little time...being a little greedy in my attempt to cram 28 hours of living in 24 hours. I used to be an expert at this, till not long ago...Not anymore.
But life in Britain has made me a little lax, I think....I like my weekends, I like my breaks, I like my little 'intellectual time outs'. But over the last week, I took on just a little too much on my plate...tried juggling work and my dissertation and a couple of trips to London.
Net result: Breathless and a sudden feeling of being out of control....Moreover, I haven't posted too...So I haven't heard from e-friends I have gotten so used to hearing from. Nor have I had the time to listen to them or read their posts...Time to make amends..
So what are my thoughts for today? Well, it has to be something I have been planning for sometime...It was to be a daily affair...but then remember, I'm in the process of setting up a Procrastinator's Anonymous.
A hasty note from me to myself....( Well, I can imagine atleast some of you chuckling to yourself, wondering when is it that my blog is not about me and myself...hmmm..my only mumbled response is this is my online diary...I'm glad I can share it with you as long as you bear with me...( rhymes too, doesn't it?) Bracket in bracket..too many thoughts cramping the head...)
For my thinking convenience and of course your reading ease, I shall bullet point the notes ...Works best...I shall aim for ten and refresh them with fresh perspective in the coming weeks.
- Try to take only so much work that you can finish without whining, pining or moaning about no time
- While cramping your day with 15 Things to Do, also remember to include cleaning the pig sty you call your room.
- Having too much work on hand is no excuse to calling 'reheating readymade food in the microwave' as cooking.
- Endless cups of chai and fruit bread that proclaims itself to be 1 out of 5 servings of fruit that you need everyday are not healthy balanced meals.
- Being caught with too many unanswered messages on Facebook and hating the pile of messages that need to be answered is no reason to hypocritically begin a group "I hate Facebook"
- Looking out of the window and enjoying a sunny day and imagining the walk that you should be taking to exercise your lardy self does not constitute excersise
- Refusing to let your brain comprehend theories that bored academics spent all their lives crafting will not ease your path to the dissertation that is currently the bugging the living daylights off you.
- Not being able to afford half a day in a spa or an evening eating your favourite but expensive Greek cuisine cannot be slotted as victimisation by a cruel society
- Finding more excuses to justify your current state of misery is not going to make your present any more desirable or your future any better.
- Stop making these stupid notes and get back to doing something more constructive, you lazy ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS : Thank you Hugh Prather for a nice title to happily distort and the picture to someone on the Net...If you hate that I used it, please send me a message and I shall dutifully take it off...the fact that I happily ripped it should be taken as Imitation is the Best Form of Flattery...