Friday, December 18, 2009

P.S The Morning After...My Snow White Countryside...

I went to sleep at about 2 AM...But was wide awake by 8AM, stole a glance outside the window, and had my mouth turn a big O at the sight that greeted me... I promised you pictures with a P.S And here they are... I'm snowed in, just heard that my friends were caught in 4 hour traffic jams while I was cavorting in the snow...That's how unprepared the Brighton and Hove City Council is for snowfall...Like they kept warning me, it hardly snows in Brighton..So literally no contingency plan. I wonder if the only option is to wait for the snow to melt and flow away... The white rooftops, the red brick cottages... You have seen this tree before...In autumn and later without any leaves in winter...And this is how it looks on a snow-covered December morning... I'm off to sleep some more...In my warm toasted room...under my thick duvet...Its still snowing outside... So surreal, I tell you...Wouldn't want to miss it for anything... Here's to spreading the wintry cheer....

2 comments:

  1. hey .. know your post is not really about this but sleep undisturbed from 2 am till 8 am ... that would be a dream come true for me .:-)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, really lovely. When we were little we loved the snow, and to be honest, I still like it when it snows. We lived a little further north from where you are, in Essex, and it was one of those parts of the country that generally escaped the worst of the winter weather - much to our annoyance as kids. The weather forecaster would promise snow the following day, and we'd jump out of bed early and rush to the window hoping to see sights similar to those that you've posted, only to be (generally disappointed). And invariably, so it seemed to us as we watched the news later that day, everywhere in Britain would be covered with snow, apart from that one temperate pocket which we happened to be living in. Schools would be closed - except ours of course - snow ploughs would be out (except in Essex) and children would be building snowmen and throwing snowballs (except where we were).

    So make the most of the snow. I always think it's wonderful to see the countryside transformed, and actually, you're quite lucky to see snow in December (and in Sussex for that matter, which again, is one of those warmer English locations). I'm really quite envious.

    ReplyDelete