- There are five things marked VV Imp on your To-Do list, but you look at the clock on your laptop and decide you have just enough time to play three more rounds of Text Twist
- You know for sure there are no new updates, no status messages, no mails on facebook, but you just wonder what can be lost with one idle click.
- One photo of some acquaintance that you added a long time ago on Orkut or Facebook, in a random burst of bonhomie, leads you to wedding pictures of some random people and you still go through them as if it was a wedding in your family
- You rearrange the four different coloured post-its that are hanging on your corkboard twice and then put it back to the way it was, for it was put in that manner for a reason
- There are four bottles of water filled on your table, but you just manage to unearth two more bottles and suddenly you decide you need to fill them up. The logic: newly discovered truth that dehydration was the reason for your sleeplessness three nights ago
- Boxes of tea and cereal are stacked up on your desk, but you refuse to throw them away for the fear of overcrowding the bin which could force your procrastinating hand to clear it out
- BBC News and IPL telecasts of Youtube become appointment watching – not out of necessity but need to get out of the chores already lined up
- The alarm on your new phone goes off with the literal impact of shock therapy on your sedated sleep-heavy body, but despite an appointment in the next 45 minutes, the next 15 are spent in bed wondering how to complete all the processes of getting ready in 30 minutes and not 45..
- Making those dreaded ‘of no use’ shopping lists that will never be found by the time you defeat your body’s compelling reasons of laziness, seems like a fun thing to do
- Writing this stupid list that lists out my capacity to procrastinate while there are still 800 words left on my term submissions – the Word Doc tab left opened gives me those Yawnnny vibes forcing me to open a new fresh blank page and compile this – Now isn’t that the heights of procrastination????
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Confessions of a Manic Procrastinator